How many times have you had a stomach ache and dismissed it as something you ate, or a “stomach bug”? If you’re doing this a few times a month then that’s TOO MANY. The problem with stomach pain is that we tend to think “oh it’s nothing serious” once it eases off within a few days. And when it comes right back a few weeks later, we tell ourselves the exact same thing!
So I’m here to tell you about something that you need to be watching out for if you’re feeling that constant nagging pain in your gut. And that something is called “Gastritis”.
Gastritis is an inflammation of the mucus lining of your stomach that can be acute or chronic. So basically you can have it for a few weeks or a few years. Yep, that’s right, you can suffer with this for years if you don’t do something about it. The good news is that there is treatment available for Gastritis. So let’s figure out if you have this condition and get you on the road to better health!
The Gastritis Symptoms Are:
- Indigestion: a gnawing or burning ache in your upper abdomen that gets worse after eating.
- Bloating: watch out for stomach distension, sharp gassy pains that move around your stomach, and feeling super full after small meals.
- Nausea & Vomiting: there are numerous reasons for having an upset stomach but frequent nausea is one of the symptoms of gastritis.
- Diarrhea: if you’re having loose/watery stools 3+ times daily, something isn’t right. This can be a sign of a H.Pylori infection which is that bacteria that often causes gastritis.
- Loss of appetite: not feeling hungry or/and feeling full very quickly after just a few bites.
What Causes Gastritis?
If you’re familiar with these symptoms then you’re probably wondering what causes Gastritis in the first place. There are a few factors that can lead to this condition. One of the most common is a bacteria called H.pylori which eats away at the mucosal stomach lining until it’s resolved. You can learn more about H.pylori and how it causes Gastritis in our post: “The Powerful Bacteria That’s Destroying Your Gut.”
The Best Treatment for Gastritis
The best treatment for gastritis can take a multifaceted approach. If your gastritis is caused by H.Pylori then the H.pylori will need to be treated with antibiotics alongside your gastritis treatment. To resolve your gastritis, you need to work on healing and restoring the strength of your stomach lining. You can do this with some key diet and lifestyle changes.
- Avoid/reduce alcohol consumption
- Cut out spicy, fried, and acidic foods
- Eat small meals frequently
- Lower your salt intake
- Reduce your consumption of red meat
- Stop smoking
- Stay hydrated
- Manage stress levels
One of the best things you can do to resolve your gastritis is supplement with our Acid Relief to rebuild the proactive mucosal layer of your stomach lining. This will soothe your stomach ache, heal your gut, and ensure you no longer have to deal with these horrible gastritis symptoms!