Whether you’re embarking on a new fitness adventure in 2024 or already a bit of a fitness veteran, it’s essential not to underestimate the importance of muscle recovery for optimal results. Especially to help to relieve the dreaded DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) the morning after!
Many herbs can expedite post-workout recovery, but where do you start? Let’s look at what you should add to your routine to reach your goals
Natural Herbs for Muscle Recovery
Reduce Inflammation & Improve Flexibility: Tumeric
These herbs swiftly act to combat oxidative stress and help reduce muscle and joint inflammation. Their anti-inflammatory properties not only expedite recovery but also enhance flexibility, resulting in more fluid and comfortable movement during workouts.
Muscle Recovery: Green Coffee
Green coffee’s high antioxidant content supports muscle recovery by combating oxidative stress, minimizing cellular damage, and potentially aiding in weight management.
Stress Management: Liqourice Extract (DGL)
Support Muscle Repair: Spirulina Algae
Spirulina, rich in protein, vitamins, and antioxidants, provides essential nutrients to support muscle repair and combat inflammation
Immune System Boost: Astragalus Root
This traditional Chinese herb enhances the immune system, potentially reducing the risk of infections and supporting overall health during the muscle recovery process.
Liver Detox: Milk Thistle
With potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, Milk Thistle supports liver health, ensuring optimal detoxification and contributing to the overall recovery process.
Improve Digestion: Sunflower Lecithin Powder
This natural emulsifier enhances digestion and contributes to maintaining healthy cholesterol levels, indirectly aiding in muscle recovery.
Seamless Integration into Your Routine: Tips That Work!
We all know that the best of intentions can often go out the window when it comes to sticking to a new habit, so it’s important to find a way to seamlessly integrate these herbs into your routine that’s easy to remember and doesn’t feel like a whole lot of effort! With that in mind, we have a few practical suggestions that have worked for our team and clients.
- Capsules and Powders: Easily integrate energy-boosting herbs into your routine with capsules or powders. Set reminders until it becomes second nature – a small effort for big gains.
- Herbal Tea Swaps: We’re not saying to ditch the morning coffee completely, green coffee is a great swap here! Or why not brew a cup of milk thistle tea in the AM or PM instead.
- Smoothie Boosters: Transform your pre and post-workout smoothies with a scoop of herbal goodness. Our SuperGreens powder is our favorite addition to morning smoothies for an energy boost throughout the day.
- Herbal-Infused Waters: Elevate your hydration game by infusing water with herbs. Add slices of invigorating ginger, refreshing mint to your water bottle for an added boost.
- Get Adventurous in the Kitchen: Why not add some deliciously healthy herbs like turmeric, into your cooking to enhance both the taste and nutritional value? It’s a simple way to not only make a tastier meal but also infuse your diet with the revitalizing power of herbs,
Keep It Simple for Success
Your fitness journey is personal, and so is your approach. Use what you think will work for you and ditch what doesn’t. Take your fitness improvements step by step in 2024 and conquer one mini goal at a time, starting right here by incorporating of herbs into your routine. We recommend starting by adding our favorite daily Super Greens shake as a part of your daily diet to contribute to not only your muscle recovery but also your overall health and well-being.
Cheers to your new or continuing fitness adventures in 2024!