When I first started getting acid reflux, I didn’t know what was going on. It’s the strangest sensation when you’ve never had it before, and it’s easy to initially write it off as “oh it must have been something I ate”. But when it starts happening a few times a week, or even a few times a day, reality hits home pretty darn fast and you realize this is something you need to sort out.
So what’s the first thing you do when you’re feeling unwell? You go to the doctor, right? It’s literally their job to know what’s going on and you trust them to figure it out, give you some pills to fix it, and send you on your way. Well, that’s exactly what I did. And that’s exactly where I went wrong.
In my case, I was told I had acid reflux and prescribed a medication called Proton Pump Inhibitors (PPIs). The doc told me that my stomach was full of too much acid which is why I was getting acid reflux and that these bad boys were the answer. So what are PPIs? This is a medication that blocks acid production in your stomach so that there wouldn’t be any reflux coming back up anymore, meaning no more heartburn, no more indigestion, and no more bloating. I have to admit, it made sense at the time.
But there’s what my doctor didn’t tell me about this acid reflux medication: it was the easy way out and the least effective in the long run. In fact, I was further endangering the health of my digestive system. After a few months stuck on PPIs (that I was only meant to be on for 2 weeks), I realized that as soon as I tried to come off them, my symptoms came right back. I was hooked on medication that wasn’t actually helping to resolve my problem. I wanted to know how to get rid of my acid reflux FAST. So I started doing some research, and boy am I glad I did.
What I discovered was this: Stomach acid is commonly caused by LOW acidity, not excess acid.
- When your acidity is too low, your lower esophageal sphincter muscle stops closing tightly enough.
- This causes the content of your stomach to backflow into your esophagus causing acid reflux.
- PPIs “`treat” the acid reflux by blocking the acid in your stomach even further so that there’s none to actually leak through the open esophagus.
- However, this acid reflux medication doesn’t address the root cause of the open esophagus in the first place (which is low stomach acid).
- So, you remain hooked on PPIs to keep your stomach acid low to prevent your acid reflux and you’ll likely be stuck on them for life.
So, I Found a Better Way
After discovering how PPIs actually worked – or not, depending how you look at it. I started looking into what really is the best natural remedy for acid reflux. When I dug deep into my research I discovered that nature had a solution for my acid reflux all along. By ditching the PPIs, and instead working on consistently increasing my stomach acid over time, to a level that A. triggered full closure of my LES and B. improved my digestion to prevent bloating, I was able to resolve my acid reflux completely.
Of course, I also had a lot of healing to do from the acid that had been irritating and inflaming my esophagus for so long, so I looked for natural soothing and anti-inflammatory ingredients to restore and protect my gut health throughout this process. Which brought me to the Heartburn Relief Kit.
The Heartburn Relief Kit is a natural remedy for acid reflux that contains 2 very important solutions to resolve it:
- Reflux Inhibitor: to increase acidity for long term relief from acid reflux.
- Acid Relief: to heal the gut and relieve the symptoms of heartburn and indigestion.
What’s even better is that this kit offers a solution, not a life long commitment to medications that don’t even work!